The Avengers And Other Brands You Didn’t Know Were Owned By Disney
Today the Walt Disney Company is the biggest media company the world has ever seen, and it has produced 11 of the 12 highest-grossing movies of all time. Here are few of the brands that Disney owns.
- Marvel Studios, which owns the Avengers franchise, was bought by Disney in 2009 for $4 billion.
- Disney also acquired Lucasfilm, which owns the Star Wars Franchise, for $4 billion—$2.2 billion in cash and $1.8 billion in stock.
- Disney merged with Capital Cities/ABC, including an 80% stake in ESPN, for $19 billion in 1995.
- Disney bought Pixar, which was founded by Apple CEO Steve Jobs, for $7 billion.
- Disney bought 20th Century Fox in March for $71.3 billion, which includes 73% of National Geographic.