The tech-giant’s annual conference welcomed hundreds and thousands of developers who gathered to view presentations by CEO Tim Cook and several other executives who revealed Apple’s software updates including iOS 12, tvOS 12 for the Apple TV, MacOS Mojave and WatchOS 5 for the Apple Watch.
Designed to make everyday tasks quicker and responsive, Apple has done some major upgrade on its mobile operating system and introduced the iOS 12.
The update is expected to arrive by September 2018.
Here are 12 new features users of iPhones and iPads can experience by the end of the year.
- iOS 12 is designed keeping in mind the main purpose of making everyday tasks faster and better responsive, enabling apps to launch as fast as possible even with several other functions working in the system.
- With the new iOS 12, users can communicate well with family and friends using Animoji and personalized Memoji characters that are more fun and come with more filters and stickers.
- An introduction of the Group FaceTime—an extension to Apple’s video calling feature—on iOS 12 makes it easy to chat with multiple people at the same time. People can join in the middle of any conversation via iPad, iPhone or Mac.
- Through Siri Shortcuts, things can be done more swiftly as Siri intelligence will start suggests actions based on tracking the activity within the apps. These shortcuts can be customized by creating simple voice commands.
- Apple’s all new For You tab stores all the favorite photos in one place, combining both Memories and iCloud Shared albums.
- The new iOS 12 enables users to manage all notifications in a single place, where one can view and manage multiple notifications all-together at once.
- With new software updates, Apple brings more privacy and security on Safari and its enhanced Intelligent Tracking Prevention helps block Like and Share buttons in social media and comment widgets from tracking users without their permission.
- iBooks app changes to Apple Books and includes a new Book Store tab with top charts and curated collections.
- With iOS 12 users can use third-party navigation apps with CarPlay like Google Maps or Waze.
- Through new Voice Memos on iPads it’s easier to capture, share and edit recordings that are synced to iCloud.
- Students can add student ID card to Apple Wallet to access everything on the campus through Apple devices or watch.
- Through ARKit 2 developers will be able to create more innovative and interesting AR apps. It will also improve face-tracking.