This ranking includes family businesses, as well as those set up by enterprising first generation entrepreneurs. To create this ranking we considered privately held companies and used published financial statements and official websites. Each respective company was then contacted and asked to provide further detailed information.
1. Degree of power associated with the position;
2. Years of professional experience;
3. Family generation the individual belongs to (in the case of family businesses only);
4. Individual’s media interaction and online presence;
5. Number of years in operation;
6. Number of countries in which the organization has operations; and
7. Number of employees.