Our list of “The Middle East’s Top 25 Fintech Companies 2022” is presented in alphabetical order. It is not a ranking.
We compiled the list by considering companies that are applying technology to financial sectors including payments, insurance, blockchain and cryptocurrency, digital banking, investing and wealth management, and lending and personal financing. We excluded Fintech operations owned by exchange houses, traditional banks, governments, and telecommunication companies.
We gathered data through primary sources, statements, and questionnaires. We took into account:
• The amount of money executed through the digital channels in 2021.
• Number of app downloads and active users.
• Number of countries that the companies operate in.
• Growth over the past year.
• Examples of innovation in digital payments.
• Impact on consumers and businesses.
• Funding from venture capitalists.