Only private businesses or holding companies that are jointly owned or run by Arab families were considered for the list.
We collected information from stock exchanges, reports from consulting firms and universities, and other primary sources. We ranked the family businesses based on:
• The size and value of the businesses they hold, including listed entities, real estate and hospitality assets, and revenues from other holdings.
• Business activity in the last year, including IPOs, new project launches, and new investments.
• How diversified the business is in terms of sectors and geographies.
• The performance of their key businesses and the sectors in which they operate.
• Age and legacy of the company.
• Number of total employees.